A recent survey led by Harvard Medical School found career satisfaction to be lower for physicians who spent more time on administration.
“Administration” was defined as billing, obtaining insurance approvals, financial and personnel management, and negotiating contracts. It didn’t include the additional time it takes to complete clinically-related tasks such as writing chart notes, communicating with other doctors, or ordering lab tests.*
With more than 300 highly experienced clinical and administrative team members and state of the art systems, SmartCareMD has the people and the technologies in place to help independent practices run more efficiently and productively. With SmartCareMD physicians can get back to what they do best—provide quality care.
Office staff and support**
- Office Management
- Front Desk / Reception
- Medical Assistants
Financial and management office support
- Advanced real-time practice performance metrics dashboard
- Full scope of financial reporting including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Bank Reconciliation
- Budget planning for capital, staff and operational expenses
- Physician productivity metrics and compensation
- Negotiated pricing on purchases and supplies
*Woolhandler S, Himmelstein DU. Administrative work consumes one-sixth of U.S. physician’s working hours and lowers their career satisfaction. Int J Health Serv. 2014;44(4):635-42.
**Turnkey employment services, including payroll, benefits, and human resources management make it possible for existing practice employees to migrate seamlessly to SmartCareMD. Ask your Representative for details.