SmartCareMD is a full-service practice management company working directly with independent physicians and their staff. Our goal is to partner with the independent physician in providing quality services and high standards that set them apart. SmartCareMD is 100% owned by Sharp Community Medical Group.
We offer an excellent benefits package for the full-time employee. When eligible, you can receive medical, dental, vision benefits as well as a company-sponsored 401k plan.
The ideal candidate for this full-time position will be someone who is detail-oriented, adaptable, and motivated.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Audits and codes encounters in EMR/EPM with a minimum of 96% accuracy.
- Inputs charges and adjustments with a minimum of 96% accuracy.
- Code and Match the appropriate procedure with diagnosis code per medical chart documentation.
- Ensure coding is accurate and compliant.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-10 coding, Medicare guidelines, risk adjustment rules, and regulations to include AHA’s HCC coding.
- Increasing the revenue being received by determining documentation of chronic conditions that are not currently being captured.
- Coding Audits for physician documentation by the provider.
- Assisting practices along with the assistance of the billing manager to ensure the practice is coding appropriately and accurately.
- Assists Billing Account Representatives with coding questions relating to patient inquires.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- AAPC Certified Procedural Coder (CPC).
- At least two years of recent professional coding experience.
- Able to abstract code from medical records, reports, and related patient documentation.
- Thorough understanding of Medicare, Medi-Cal, and general insurance guidelines, documentation regulations, and medical terminology.
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and physicians both written and verbal.
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Professional Coder (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.